Main Duties and Responsibilities
The role is responsible for PR & Marketing for Riverside Studios and will:
- Develop and deliver the Communications and Marketing Strategy for Riverside Studios including budget and timeline.
- Work with the programming team to devise and deliver campaigns for each of the artistic strands and events within the Riverside Studios programme including live performance, cinema, film festivals, community and other events.
- Work with visiting producers/hirers to plan and implement marketing campaigns for all productions at Riverside Studios: working across areas of the marketing mix including online, print distribution, point of sale and in-house promotions, direct mail, and advertising. Where necessary this may involve working with outside marketing agencies.
- Work with the Engagement Director to promote Riverside Studios to theatre and event productions companies and other potential sources of revenue to support the financial sustainability of the organisation.
- Plan and co-ordinate publicity distribution and liaise with commercial distributors; development of new outlets and network opportunities for Riverside publicity.
- Where necessary, co-ordinate the production of theatre programmes, both in-house and in collaboration with visiting theatre companies.
- Attend events outside Riverside Studios including arts performances, festivals, meeting and training courses.
- Produce and analyse end of run reports for each production to monitor the success of campaigns.
- Be responsible for branding, design, and production of marketing material assets including production and distribution of Riverside Studios events brochure.
- Oversee Riverside Studios website and affiliated websites, ensuring all information is current and accurately reflects the building’s current branding and activities.
- Manage Riverside’s social media accounts and use them to effectively engage with our audience and customer base.
- Ensure that all listings for events and productions are properly issued and carried by all forms of media output.
- Work with the Finance Department to ensure that budgets are adhered to, invoices are properly and timely dealt with and purchase orders are obtained ahead of incurring any expenditure.
- Work with the Development Team to support Fundraising Strategy delivery of a membership scheme and events.
- Identify and devise campaigns to attract potential new audiences/groups for individual events and to Riverside Studios as a whole.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies to increase the distinctiveness and differentiation of Riverside Studios artistic programme.
- Work with the whole team towards increasing diversity within the audience and to drive growth within new demographics which will be identified through regular surveying and analysis of the box office data.
- Working with Riverside’s current PR agency, establish and maintain relationships with key media.
- Act as primary press contact for Riverside Studios, and as custodian of Riverside’s key messaging plan.
- Proactively drive coverage to promote Riverside Studios as a centre for excellence in arts and entertainment.
- Assist with the organisation of press campaigns and press nights sometimes in conjunction with external press officers.
- Develop, maintain and grow Riverside Studios’ mailing list and databases.
- Co-ordinate and direct any mail campaigns with internal and external parties.
- Compile, write and collate imagery for all Riverside Studios e-list broadcasts.
- Ensure all financial, due diligence (in relation to Data Protection in particular) and contractual information is efficiently completed.
- Manage the marketing budget across the year with the support of the Finance Controller.
- Attend team meetings and other internal meetings as required.
- All other duties as reasonably requested to contribute to the smooth running of Riverside Studios.
Managing Your Own Performance
- Pro-actively monitor and assess your own performance in order to successfully fulfil your job description and, where possible, exceed the Riverside Studios’ standards.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and qualities:
- Over 5 years’ experience of marketing and communications, preferably in an arts organisation.
- Experience of managing a range of specialist marketing suppliers and agencies.
- An affinity for the mission, vision and work of Riverside Studios and a passion to help achieve its success.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Ability to prioritise, organise own workload and work effectively in a busy and demanding environment.
- A positive attitude with a high level of self-motivation and ability to work using your own initiative.
- Ability to find quick and effective solutions to practical problems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a range of people and environments.
- Proven ability to work flexibly under pressure, to priorities and to meet deadlines and work within budget.
- Flexibility in relation to duties and working hours which will require evenings and weekends.
- Excellent time management.
- A working knowledge of marketing and design software tools both offline (Adobe suite) and online (Canva or similar, Mailchimp, Hootsuite etc)
Terms and Conditions
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 based on the successful candidate’s experience.
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, including daily one-hour lunch break. The postholder will be required to work flexibly with regular evening and weekend work.
Holidays: The annual leave entitlement is 25 days plus statutory holidays.
Pension Scheme: Riverside Trust operates a stakeholder pension scheme to which the employer andemployeebothcontribute.
Probation: Three months
Contract type: Permanent
Equal Opportunities: Riverside Trust supports the principle of equal opportunity in employment andopposesallformsofunlawfulorunfairdiscriminationonthegroundsofcolour,race,nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, marital status, disability, age, sexualorientation, or religious or political beliefs. To avoid discriminatory practice duringthe recruitment of new employees, selection for interview is based entirely on jobrelated criteria.Riverside Studios complies with Equal Opportunities, Health &Safety, Personnel andotherpoliciesatall times.
Confidentiality: To keep confidential the internal workings of the Trust.
Riverside Studios encourages attendance of performances with a discretionary allocation of complementary tickets to employees, subject to availability and within a fair usage policy.
Food and drink discounts at all bars and food outlets within the building.
To apply, send a CV & cover letter to email@example.com