We’re calling out for shows, producers and artists to be part of Riverside Studios' 4th Bitesize Festival.
To apply please follow this link or apply via Eventotron
Riverside Studios brings you the return of our festival celebrating all things new. Whether you were planning on taking a show to the Vaults, you have a new show you want to put on its feet, or you are looking for the next home for your piece, the Bitesize Festival provides an opportunity for inspiring and innovative theatre/live performance makers to showcase their work in front of West London’s cultural scene! We'll provide Riverside’s in-house technical equipment, FOH and back-office services, and energetic marketing support - you supply the creativity, dynamism, and innovation!
Bitesize Festival aims to create a diverse programme of shows from Theatre to live music, from cabaret to dance pieces. We’re looking for:
- Spoken Word
- Gig Theatre
- Cross-form performance
- Pre-Edinburgh/festival warm-ups
Applications open: Wednesday 8 November 2023
Deadline to apply: Sunday 26 November 2023
Programming decisions: End of November 2023
Tickets on sale: Beginning of December 2023
Festival: 19 Jan– 17 February 2024
- All shows have a maximum length of 60 minutes.
- The length of your run could be anything from 1 show to a two-week run! Most performance slots will be evenings, with daytime slots at the weekend.
- All performances will take place either in Studio 3 (150 seats, end-on) or the River Room (70 seats, cabaret-style).
You'll need to have your own operator as part of your crew.
- There is a standard lighting rig for Studio 3 (tech spec attached). The River Room has a simpler set-up, and 2 Robe intelligent LED spotlights.
- Minimal set & technical requirements turnaround between each show will be 30-45 minutes.
- Each show will have an estimated 4-hour get-in which includes your tech run and an estimated 1-hour get-out post your last performance.
- Dressing rooms will be provided.
- We have a couple of free spaces that can be used for rehearsals - subject to availability.
- All tickets will be £10 General, £6.50 Concession.
- There is a £1.50 booking fee with a cap of £7.50 per transaction (outside the ticket price) and a 4% Credit Card Commission (Inside the ticket cost).
- All financial deals are based on a 70/30 split on net box office (In favour of the producer)- No further deductions! Financial settlements will be made after the final performance.
- We'll be selling a Festival Pass, giving customers access to all performances. Further details on acceptance to the festival.
MARKETING & EXTRA INFORMATION
- Marketing: inclusion on our digital platforms (website, all social media, and cinema screens subject to availability) and print, including posters, flyers and the Bitesize Programme.
- We'll be running another Bitesize Awards panel, with all jury members attending as many shows as possible and giving various awards at the end of the festival.